Luxury spa holidays in India not just rejuvenates you, rather it instills a new life in you. Complete wellness is assured at the best spa & Ayurveda retreats in India owing to Ayurveda having historical roots in the country. The healing therapies offered at these Ayurveda resorts work wonders to cure any ailment. Besides this, the serene environment, pampering hospitality and matchless bliss delight you with complete happiness.
Right from the Himalayas to the southernmost Kerala, there is a treasure trove of magical herbs. These magical concoction, age old techniques, massages and other rituals of Ayurveda not only bring physical bliss but is the cause of mental refreshing. You attain the harmony of body, mind and soul.
Here’s the list of best spa and wellness retreats in India which you can look forward for healthy luxury retreats amidst the lap of nature.
Ananda – In the Himalayas
Situated at the foothills of Himalayas, Ananda is one of the luxury spa and Ayurveda resorts in India. Shrouded amidst the lush Sal forest, this award winning destination is a juxtaposition of international wellness experiences and traditional Ayurveda, Vedanta and Yoga. Here, you will not only be pampered with holistic treatments but also with healthy organic cuisines that will compliment well with your therapy and help you recuperate faster.
Ananda – In the Himalayas feature deluxe rooms offering various views, spacious suites like Garden Suite and Ananda Suite and also the Ananda Villa. Also, expert physicians, qualified nutritionists, skilled spa therapists guide you through numerous custom-made treatments to accomplish your health goals.
- Location – Uttarakhand
- Treatment and therapies – Ayurveda Experiences, Healing Experiences, Beauty Experiences, Spa Experiences, International Experiences and Yoga and Meditation
- Best time to visit – October and March offer pleasant climate. While in February you can also participate in the International Yoga Festival which is held at Rishikesh.
Somatheeram Ayurveda Village
Basking in the idyllic location nearby to the blissful shores of Kovalam, Somatheeram Ayurveda Village is world’s first Ayurveda hospital with a resort ambiance. The blissfully serene environment helps you overcome your health related issues. Three decades of dedicated service of offering Ayurvedic treatment has added a star in the profile of Somatheeram in the form of title – ‘the Ayurveda People’.
Somatheeram is one of the best Ayurvedic retreats in Kerala which offers peace and quality time to be spent with loved ones. Feel the breeze, enjoy strolling, make sand castles and simply discover a new you! You will be left spoilt for a number of choices of accommodation like Standard Rooms, Cottages and AC and non AC Kerala Houses.
- Location – Kerala
- Treatment and therapies – The special Ayurveda treatments and packages offered includes: Rejuvenation therapy, Panchakarma / Detoxification / Body purification, Slimming, Stress management, Anti-ageing, Beauty care and various Clinical treatments
- Best time to visit – Months between June and August is the Monsoon season and hence this is surely the best time to visit Kerala for Ayurvedic treatment.
Angsana Oasis Spa and Resort
Angsana Oasis Spa and Resort master the art of intuitive art of touch and high standards of dedicated service. A paradise for spa aficionados, the best spa and wellness retreats in India offers award-winning treatments. The spa resort is also a home to amazing range of sensory treats. Special emphasis is paid on the use of natural ingredients like native fruits and flowers for providing refreshing blend of treatments.
Angsana Oasis Spa and Resort uses a fusion of techniques from West and East to rejuvenate the mind, body and spirit. High-quality services are provided here to meet the expectations of the spa enthusiasts. Choose from special signature packages which help you to indulge in pampering with time-tested spa treatments. The skillful hands of the Angsana Spa therapists help in enjoying the wonderful experience.
- Location – Bangalore
- Treatment and therapies – Angsana Signatures, Massages, Essence of Angsana, Body treatments, beauty treatments, rainmist experience and Angsana for Family and Kids
- Best time to visit – December to February is the best time to visit Bangalore for an Ayurveda tour.
ESPA Spa – The Leela
Located within The Leela, one of the luxury hotels in India, ESPA Spa enjoys the reputation of offering matchless spa experience. ESPA Spa is one of the best and award-winning spa in India offering extravagant pleasures to soothe your mind, body and senses. Not only well-facilitated spa but also facilities like meditation classes, salon, yoga center, boat rides in Lake Pichola etc. make you plan your vacations in Rajasthan quite often.
Healthy spa cuisine treat your taste buds with amazing gastronomic experience. The only tented luxury spa in India is based on Rajasthani design and thus, make you actually feel that you are at the ‘Land of the royals’. You are also free to choose your very own suite offering beguiling views of Lake Pichola. At ESPA, exceptionally natural and high quality skin care products are used to restore equilibrium and balance body and mind.
- Location – Udaipur
- Treatment and therapies – The Royal Knights of Rajasthan, Royal Princesses of Rajasthan, Divine Relaxation and Ayurvedic touch have been crafted to include the most pampering and decadent treatments for face, body and scalp. Ayurvedic Abhyanga and Shirodhara Treatment provide complete relaxation.
- Best time to visit – A trip to Udaipur for enjoying Ayurveda treatments can be planned in the months of September till March.
Perched atop a hill, Wildflower Hall enjoys amazing location amidst the lush green landscape dotted with cedar and pine trees. The scenic bliss of Himalayas make this resort rank as one of the best luxury hotels in Himachal Pradesh. Staying at the resort is getting as close to fantasy as you can. The spa resort is fully equipped with all the latest amenities that you can imagine.
Marvel at the unmatched views of the imposing mountains while unwinding at spa pavilions and spa suites. The spa is famed for offering plethora of holistic treatments based on Western, Ayurvedic & Asian therapies. These therapies help to relax, revive, and inspire. Make the most of your Ayurveda holidays in India by spending some time at the open air whirlpool which has magnificent views across the Greater Himalayas. While for the extra pampered souls, the indoor pool, lit and adorned by overhead crystal chandeliers is kept temperature controlled throughout the year.
- Location – Shimla
- Treatment and therapies – The list of various kinds of massages offered here include Hungarian, Ayurveda, Thai and Balinese, besides others. Signature Indigenous Rituals, Special massages along with anti-ageing therapies, detoxifying body wraps and skin and nail care are also preferred by the guests.
- Best time to visit – March to June and October to February is the best time to visit Shimla for a splendid vacation.
Time slows down when you delight in a wonderful accommodation at the Oberoi Udaivilas. One of the best Luxury Spa and Ayurveda Resorts in India, it offers a fine collection of signature Oberoi, Eastern and Western massage treatments that can revitalize, relax and rejuvenate your senses.
Overlooking the scenic Lake Pichola, The Oberoi Udaivilas features a spa which is crowned by a sky dome. The spa is also caressed by the rhythmic sound of water cascading over a white marble fountain. A spectacular chandelier lights up the area well.
Trained hands of the skilled therapists ensure an unwinding experience for your body and soul. Marvel at the amazing views of the Lake and City Palace from the spa suites. The ultramodern amenities and facilities makes one’s stay really unforgettable. Further, swimming in temperature controlled outdoor pools and morning yoga sessions are also arranged here.
- Location – Udaipur
- Treatment and therapies – The visitors are free to select from a Spa Menu that includes Touch Therapies, Signature Indigenous Rituals, Spa Experience Enhancers, Revitalizing Body Therapies, Nail and Skin Care, Therapies and Treatments for Gentlemen, and Ayurveda Inspired Rituals.
- Best time to visit – Ayurveda holidays in Udaipur can be planned in the months of September till March.
Nestled in close proximity to the Taj Mahal, ITC Mughal is outspread over 35-acres of exotic gardens. An apt tribute to the great Mughal artisans of the bygone era, the luxury hotel in India recreates a heaven for exclusive travelers. Besides all these, the hotel also features Kaya Kalp, the royal spa which portrays the traditional charm of the Mughal landscaping and architecture.
A revitalizing experience will take you on a sensory voyage into a paradise of serenity. At ITC Mughal, you can benefit from services ranging from beauty services at Salon Di Wills, fitness facilities to luxurious spa treatments.
After moving some step towards complete wellness, you can complete your journey with ‘Swasthya’ cuisine. These healthy gourmet are especially prepared so that they can match well with your therapies and treatments. Attain a complete sense of mental, physical and spiritual well-being at the spa which is famed as the largest spa in India.
- Location – Agra
- Treatment and therapies – Relaxing massages, exotic beauty treatments and ancient Ayurvedic rituals go into creating an experience that is suited for everyone. Spa Journies, Revitalizing Body Treatments, Beauty Elixirs, Beauty Essentials and Brisk Spa are also in the list.
- Best time to visit – July to March can be considered as the best time to visit Agra for benefiting from Ayurvedic treatments and local sightseeing in pleasant environment.
Niraamaya Spa – Surya Samudra
Niraamaya Spa is tucked beautifully amidst the bountiful nature. Enjoying an idyllic setting on a dramatic cliff edge, the best Ayurvedic retreats in Kerala is surrounded by pristine beaches. The award-winning spa is an ideal place for complete rejuvenation.
Benefit from Ayurvedic treatments under the shade of coconut palms. Traditionally styled Keralite heritage cottages take you on a time travel and leaves you spell bound with its amazing effects. Experience what it feels like eating at the restaurant which beguiles with awe-inspiring views of the Arabian Sea.
Niraamaya Spa is popular as one of the best Ayurveda Resorts in India where you will be mentored to a customized path to rejuvenation. A wide range of treatments offer most soothing escape. The Spa is your gateway to the world of well-being and pampering. A plethora of contemporary and wellness therapies at Niraamaya curates health experiences that traverse the spiritual and sensory dimensions.
- Location – Kovalam
- Treatment and therapies – Corporate Stress Management and Ayurveda Skin Care are the most sought after treatments offered here. Besides these, Yoga Sessions and executive Weight Loss Programs are also a part of wellness program at Niraamaya.
- Best time to visit – The best time to visit Kerala for Ayurvedic treatment is from June to August.
Khyber Resort and Spa
Another leading name in the list of popular Luxury Spa and Ayurveda Resorts in India is Khyber Resort and Spa. Perched at a high altitude, the spa allows guests to enjoy therapies and treatments amidst pristine nature and meadows.
The plush interiors of the resorts epitomize the grandeur of the surroundings outside. Apart from the interiors, the treatments offered here are also the mix of the East and the West. An interesting feature about the treatments that make them stand out is the traditional way in which these are provided.
Here, you will be spending soulful moments in king-size Couple’s Suites. Pamper yourself by embarking upon an expedition of sensory delights. A Welcome Ritual before any treatment highly impresses the visitors. Energizing aromas linger on your mind for long. Sensorial textures, gestures, herbal teas and relaxing music make the voyage of the senses, remarkable!
- Location – Gulmarg
- Treatment and therapies – Beauty facials, body massages, relaxing aromachologie massage, revitalizing aromachologie massage, deep tissue intense relief, signature lemon balm apricot scrub, the signature lemon balm body massage, the signature lemon balm-sandal wrap, body technical treatments almond detoxifying balance, shea ultra-rich softening hand care and Area-focused treatments etc. are some of the treatments provided at the Khyber Resort and Spa.
- Best time to visit – Massages with warm oil prove to be a bliss during the chilly weather outside which makes Gulmarg one of the best winter destinations in India. Thus, December to mid-February is best time for this sensory delight.
The Oberoi, an iconic luxury 5-star hotel in New Delhi that features The Oberoi Spa. With five private treatment rooms and a couple’s spa suite, the spa allows visitors to soak-in the calming aura. A utopia of tranquility and peace, the Oberoi Spa offers an excellent escape from rush of bustling city and hectic schedules.
The charisma of modern façade featuring Oakwood interiors and stunning Turkish marble leaves visitors spellbound. Natural daylight and ambient lightings in the evening sets the mood for a therapeutic experience. Aromatic oil and incense stick imbue a gentle fragrance in the air. Experienced therapists comfort guests with treatments in luxurious therapy rooms.
Indoor and outdoor heated swimming pools, an infrared sauna and a fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment are also an essential features which lure you here often. En suite aromatic steam shower help you unwind at your leisure.
- Location – New Delhi
- Treatment and therapies – The Oberoi Spa includes massage therapies, signature indigenous rituals, skin & nail care, revitalizing body therapies, and treatments & therapies for gentlemen. Further, there also a special range of the Oberoi Spa Experience that includes Specialty Baths, Ayurvedic Therapies, Yoga, and The Complete Spa Experience.
- Best time to visit – Weather remains pleasant from October to March. Thus, this is the best time to visit Delhi.
Out of the many, these are some of the gems in the country which can be sought after for Ayurveda retreats in India to experience complete rejuvenation.