Kolkata, the city of its own distinctive charm has flocked tourists from all parts of the world. The richness in the arena of arts and music, the city reflects the elite taste. As the city has served as capital to the colonial India, the city reflects the old-world charm. Kolkata has become the buzzing hub due to a rich culture, historic destinations, colors and growing corporate sector. Thus, for leisure and business travelers, the city has excellent accommodation facility. Here is a small rundown of top 5 luxury hotels in Kolkata:
ITC Sonar Bangla Kolkata
Sprawled over 16 acres of lush greenery, ITC Sonar Bangla Kolkata is one of the finest luxury hotels in Kolkata. With a five star rating, the hotel ensures comfortable accommodation to the guests visiting Kolkata on leisure or business trip. The hotel boasts of being the world’s first to be registered by the UNFCCC for Carbon Emission Reductions.
- Address: 1, JBS Halden Avenue, Salt Lake City, Kolkata 700046, West Bengal.
- Distance: Airport – 16.1 km; Railway Station – 5 km.
- Rooms: 238 – ITC One (21), The Towers (84), Executive Club Room (126), Suites (7).
- Dining: West View – The Grill Room (Restaurant – Seafood, Salads, and Wines); Eden Pavilion (24-hour Café); Pan Asian (Restaurant – Oriental Culinary Delights); Dum Pukht (Restaurant – Indian Culinary Delights); Peshawri (Restaurant – North-West Indian Culinary Delights); Dublin (Pub & Bar).
Hyatt Regency Kolkata
A property of the Hyatt group, Hyatt Regency Kolkata is one of the most preferred luxury hotels due to easy accessibility from airport and railway station. In addition to this, the hotel is also located in an ideal location which ensures pleasurable sightseeing tours and business endeavors.
- Address: JA-1 Sector III, Salt Lake City, Kolkata 700 098.
- Distance: Airport – 12 km; Railway Station: 6.1 km.
- Rooms: 233 – Standard rooms (King/Twin), Club King, Club Twin, Regency Suite King, Regency Duplex Suite, Regency Executive Suite, Diplomatic Suite, Presidential Suite.
- Dining: Guchhi (Restaurant – Bengali Delicacies); La Cucina (Restaurant – Italian Delicacies); Waterside Café (Restaurant – Mediterranean Platter & Indian Delicacies); The Bakery; The Bar, The Pool Bar.
Oberoi Grand Kolkata
Representing the old-world colonial charm and elegance, Oberoi Grand Kolkata is one of the sought-after luxury hotels in India. The hotel is a property of the Oberoi Group of Hotels, thus, the guests are assured of excellent hospitality, modern facilities and exceptional services. The hotel also serves as an important landmark of the city.
- Address: 15, Jawaharlal Nehru Road, Kolkata 700 013.
- Distance: Airport – 17.2 km; Railway Station – 2.8 km.
- Rooms: 209 – Deluxe Rooms, Luxury Rooms, Premier Rooms, Classic Suites, Deluxe Suites, Luxury Suites.
- Dining: Baan Thai (Restaurant – Thai Cuisines); La Terrasse (Restaurant); Chowringhee Bar.
Taj Bengal Kolkata
The Taj Bengal Kolkata is situated in proximity to various government offices, commercial center and consulates, which makes it a premier choice of accommodation for business travelers. Quality services, modern-day facilities and Indian hospitality are some of the attributes that make the hotel rank highest amidst the 5 star hotels in Kolkata. Various tourist attractions such as Horticulture and Zoological gardens are located at short distances from the hotel.
- Address: 34B, Belvedere Road, Alipore – 700 027, Kolkata (Calcutta), India.
- Distance: Airport – 23.1 km; Railway Station – 7.2 km.
- Rooms: 229 – Luxury & Deluxe Rooms, Taj Club Rooms, Junior Suites, Executive Suites, Luxury Suites, Grand Luxury Suites, Presidential Suites.
- Dining: The Hub (Multi-Cuisine Restaurant – Indian, Italian and Continental Delicacies); Sonargaon (Restaurant – Indian Delicacies); Chinoiserie (Restaurant – Chinese Delicacies); The Chambers (Restaurant – European and Continental Cuisines); The Junction (Lounge Bar); The Promenade Lounge; La Patisserie and Deli; Grill by the Pool (Open Air Al Fresco Restaurant); Souk (Restaurant – Moroccan, Turkish, Greek, Arab and Egypt Culinary Delights).
The Park Kolkata
The Park Kolkata is a pioneer of the concept of boutique hotels in India. The beauty of the hotel is at par and every detailing reveals an inward love for the glorious past of the city. Breaking the conventional notions, this cosmopolitan boutique hotel speaks of splendor in its presentation and outlook.
- Address: 17 Park Street, Kolkata 700016 West Bengal, India.
- Distance: Airport – 18 km; Railway Station – 3.9 km.
- Rooms: 149 – Deluxe Rooms, Luxury Rooms, Luxury Premium Rooms, Presidential Suite, The Residence.
- Dining: Roxy (Modern Bar); Aqua (Luxury Bar); The Street; Zeng (Restaurant – Orient Platter); Tantra (Modern Hub); Saffron (Restaurant – Indian Cuisines); Someplace Else (Pub); The Bridge (Multi-Cuisine Restaurant).