Looking for a memorable family vacation? India offers the best deals for your entire family. Family vacations in India cater to the needs of every individual member of the family. You can visit these places together, explore the sights and try out the city pleasures. Here is our take on the top places for family vacations in India:
The Indian capital, New Delhi is one of the places you can enjoy a vacation with family. From the grandparents, kids, youngsters, all can have a great time. From sightseeing, food, shopping, adventure and other experiences, you can do this and a lot more.
What to do with family in Delhi?
- Go sightseeing- Red Fort, Qutub Complex, Akshardham Temple, India Gate, Humayun Tomb, etc.
- Museum-hopping – International Dolls Museum, Sulabh Museum, Wax Museum, National Museum, etc.
- Theme Parks
- Light & sound Show
- Street food
Best time for family holiday in Delhi- November to March
Family vacations in India are amazing when you are exploring Rajasthan. From royal forts, palaces, gardens, lakes, camels, elephants, colorful festivals to incredible hospitality, you can all have a wonderful time. Grab a customized itinerary for your entire family for Rajasthan holiday.
What to do with family in Rajasthan?
- Ride on elephant back to Amer Fort
- Camel safari in Jaisalmer
- Boat rides in Udaipur
- Stay in heritage hotels
- Pose in royal dresses
- Learn about history, culture and lifestyle
- Folk dances, music and puppet shows
Best time for family holiday in Rajasthan- November to March.
Heavenly islands away from the mainland, Andaman is one of the best family vacation spots in India. Golden shores, cerulean waters, waters sports and other adventure activities keep your entire family busy. Go on a cruise or just frolic in the waters, even stay at the resort is thrilling.
What to do with family in Andaman?
- Go island-hopping
- Pay a visit to Cellular Jai & museums at Port Blair
- Fun at the beaches
- Explore the marine world
- Go trekking or bird watching
Best time for family holiday in Andaman– October to April
The ‘Queen of Hills’ Shimla is one of the best vacation places in India and one that suits you entire family. Snowcapped mountains in the background, greenery and fresh air set the mood for fun. Escape the chaotic city lifestyle and bond with your loved ones in the blissful scenery of the hill station in Himachal.
What to do with family in Shimla?
- Toy Train Ride on the Kalka-Shimla Route
- Trekking and nature walks
- Temple visit
- Horse riding and Picnics
- Relaxing at the scenic
Best time for family holiday in Shimla- October to May
Family vacations become special when you are in Srinagar. The ‘Heaven on Earth’ of Kashmir is beautiful beyond the capacity of words. Snow covered mountains, lakes, gardens, create the perfect backdrop for vacation. Go exploring the sights, relaxing or trying some of the thrilling adventure.
What to do with family in Srinagar?
- Shikara rides on the Dal Lake
- Stay in the houseboat
- Walk through the Mughal Gardens
- Get blessings of the Hazratbal Shrine and Shankracharya Temple
- Picnic under the Chinar trees
- Horse rides
- Pose in traditional Kashmiri attire
Best time for family tour to Srinagar- October and May
Darjeeling, the beautiful hill station in North East India is absolutely loved for a family vacation. Tea gardens spread over the hills, colorful flags of monasteries fluttering in the wind, the snowy gaze of the Mt Kanchenjunga, happy people and thrilling activities keep you entire family pleased.
What to do with family in Darjeeling?
- Ride the Toy Train
- Learn all about Tea
- Pay a visit to the Bhutia Monastery
- Watch the sun rise at Tiger Hill
- Pay a visit to the zoo
- Ropeway ride
- Visit Batasia Loop
Best time for family holiday in Darjeeling- October to May
Nainital & Jim Corbett National Park
Nainital and Jim Corbett National Park are among the best places for vacations with your family. Nainital is the perfect getaway in the hills, blessed with lakes, incredible views and other happy experiences await. Jim Corbett is one of the oldest national park in India with a huge tiger population that lures people for a wildlife adventure.
What to do with family:
- Safari at Jim Corbett National Park
- Boating at the Naini Lake
- Ropeway Ride to Snow View Point
- Horse riding
- Stay at wildlife resorts
Best time for family holiday – October to June
Snuggled in the scenic lap of Nilgiris, Ooty is one of the favorite places for family vacations in India. The town is dotted with lakes, waterfalls, temples, museums, green tea estates, rose gardens, wildlife parks and, much more. The natural beauty, fresh air, hospitable stay, adventure activities and there excitements makes for a fun-filled holiday with family.
What to do with family in Ooty?
- Toy Train Ride on the Nilgiri Mountain Railway
- Visit rose garden
- Explore tea estate
- Watch the making of home-made chocolate
Best time for family trip to Ooty – October to June
Goa needs no introduction, it’s the perfect destination for vacation. Your entire family can have a great time. From relaxing, adventures, sightseeing, wildlife visit to learning a thousand new things, Goa has it all and a little more. Unwind with your entire family and you can see your bond get stronger on a Goa family trip.
What to do with family in Goa?
- Go beach hopping- north & South Goa
- Try watersports- jet skiing, parasailing, scuba diving, snorkeling, etc.
- Try the delicious cuisines
- Visit the churches of Old Goa
- Go bird watching
Best time for family holiday in Goa- November to March
Mussoorie in Uttarakhand is in essence the perfect place for family vacation in India. Nestled on the foothills of Himalayas, the beautiful town is relaxing, adventure-filled and an escape from the cities. The salubrious weather suits all family members helping them unwind and have an unforgettable time.
What to do with family in Mussoorie?
- Go to Kempty Falls & other scenic waterfalls
- Boating in the scenic lakes
- Ropeway ride to Gun Hill
- Nature walks
- Watch Sunset at Cloud’s End
- Visit temples & monasteries
Best time for family holiday in Mussoorie- October to June