Honeymoon is the most awaited moment after the hustle and bustle of the wedding. The romantic holiday is the best start to a new married life, and what better than a beach honeymoon in India? If you’re planning for a honeymoon trip, then the beaches are simply perfect. The relaxed setting of golden shores, cerulean waters, blue skies, swaying palms, beach resorts and a lot of excitements truly make it a holiday to cherish.
Selecting the perfect honeymoon destination in India is now easy. Here we’ve penned down some of the best beach destinations for that unforgettable honeymoon in India.
The Lakshadweep Islands in the Laccadive Sea, off the shore of India is one of the most beautiful beach destinations in India and is truly the ideal place for the couples. Look forward for a dream come true honeymoon. The golden beaches, aquamarine waters, pristine coral reefs, lush palm trees and places untouched by civilization prove to be a stunning backdrop for a romantic vacation. There is a lot to do for couples that suit diverse interests. This island archipelago is the ultimate beach honeymoon destination in India.
Memorable experiences of honeymoon in Lakshadweep Island:
- Island hopping– Exploring the heavenly Kavaratti, Agatti, Kadmat Island, Bangaram Island and Minicoy
- Water sports– Swimming, scuba diving, snorkeling, parasailing, jet skiing, yacht riding, etc.
- Relaxing– Lie on the hammock with your partner, candle-lit dinner, stroll on the silky sands, enjoying the pleasures of your resort.
- Sightseeing– Exploring the unique history and culture of the island inhabitants.
Best time to plan a honeymoon trip: October to March
Honeymoon, party, fun or relaxing, Goa is known for the best beaches in India. This vivacious destination attracts newly-wedded couples for a memorable honeymoon. What’s better than walking hand-in-hand on the golden sand with your better half? Witness the passionate meeting of the sun with the sea during the sunset. Not just the romantic beach setting, Goa is perfect for couples on vacation. The energetic beach parties, exciting nightlife, serene churches, dining, water sports, luxury resorts and everything in Goa. One can also revel in a luxurious stay here.
Memorable experiences of honeymoon in Goa:
- Water sports– Swimming, parasailing, jet skiing, yacht riding, banana boat ride, scuba diving, snorkeling, etc.
- Relaxing– Sunset cruise dinner, beach walk, bike rides through Goa, candle lit dinners, comforts of your resort.
- Sightseeing– Churches, Portuguese mansions, wildlife sanctuaries, spice plantations.
- Partying– beach parties, pubs, clubs and more
Best time to plan a honeymoon trip: October to March and monsoon (July & August)
The search for most romantic beach destination in India will certainly take you to Kovalam in Kerala. The seashore in God’s Own Country is idyllic for couples on holiday in India. Create a superb honeymoon memory with your partner in this coastal town. The three crescent shaped beaches add to the magnificence of this place. The newly wedded can go for a boat-ride through the green backwaters or enjoy sunsets at Lighthouse Beach. Do not miss out on de-stressing from the wedding festivities by availing a rejuvenating Ayurvedic massage.
Memorable experiences of honeymoon in Kovalam:
- Water sports– Swimming, surfing, jet skiing, snorkeling, etc.
- Relaxing– Sunbathing in the warm sunshine, candle lit dinners, comforts of your resort, picnic under lush palms.
- Sightseeing– Vellayani Lake, Edakallu, Valiyathura Pier and Varkala Beach.
- Ayurveda – Pamper your senses with a couples’ massage
Best time to plan a honeymoon trip: October to March
Dream-like setting, picturesque beauty, and an ambiance of romance, the Andaman Islands is a perfect honeymoon destination. Whether you are looking for a passionate vacation on the beach or prefer adventurous activities, this island archipelago in the middle of the Bay of Bengal is bliss. Discover the marine world with your better half while enjoying scuba diving at Havelock Island. Gaze at the cerulean shades as far as the eye can see. This destination is a tropical ecstasy which you can never have enough of. When you think of beach honeymoon in India, think of Andaman!
Memorable experiences of honeymoon in Andaman:
- Relaxing- Walk on the silky shores, romantic dinner on the beach, lazing on the hammock, sunbathing, etc.
- Sightseeing- Cellular Jail, Samudrika museum, Naval museum, etc.
- Watersports- Scuba-diving, sea walking, snorkeling, parasailing, jet-skiing, banana rides, etc.
- Adventures – Trekking, camping, bird watching, etc.
Best time to plan a honeymoon trip: October to May.
India’s own Venice, Alleppey in Kerala is one of the famous honeymoon places in India. Known for its stunning backwaters, this destination of God’s Own Country creates a romantic vacation. Soak in the basking sun sitting in the houseboat with your partner. Palm-fringed canals offer a picture-perfect view. Nature has blessed this small town with many surprises. Don’t miss to visit Alleppey beach which is perfect getaway for you two. Everlasting happy memories are a gift of your holiday in Alleppey.
Memorable experiences of honeymoon in Alleppey:
- Relaxing – Enjoy the comforts of your resort, houseboat cruise on the backwaters, walk on the beach, and stroll on the pier at sunset.
- Ayurveda- Get pampered by ancient Ayurveda massages and traditions, it’s the ultimate experience of bliss for couples to enjoy.
- Activities – Canoe rides, visit to villages, bird watching, sightseeing, snake boat races, Kerala cuisine, etc.
Best time to plan a honeymoon trip: August to March.
Add a passionate touch of French in your honeymoon, with a romantic vacation in Pondicherry Snuggled on Eastern coast along the Bay of Bengal. Pondicherry gives you the feel of being out of the country in India. Stroll through the French-flavored town, spend some quality time at the vintage cafes here. Go for walk on the shores of the Pondicherry beach. Escape your daily drudgery and have a great time with your partner in this beach town. Choosing this ‘little Paris of India’ as your honeymoon destination will make your trip worth every penny.
Memorable experiences of honeymoon in Pondicherry:
- Relaxing- Savor the taste of French delights, stroll or cycle around the town on a couples’ bike
- Sightseeing- Colonial mansions, Auroville, Aurobindo Ashram, Serenity beach, Paradise beach
- Activities – Watch sunset from Pondicherry Pier, watersports at the Paradise beach
Best time to plan a honeymoon trip: Throughout the year except monsoon (July-September).
Daman and Diu
Nestled amidst the antediluvian churches, beautiful shorelines and splendid Arabian Sea, Daman and Diu is the ideal place for the couples. Embark on an affectionate cycle ride along the island with your partner. The surreal location will make you stay here longer than intended. Merry around with the amicable natives of this place. A fusion of Gujarati and Portuguese culture, this place will offer you a vacation worth remembering forever. It justifies its rank among the best beach honeymoon destinations in India.
Memorable experiences of honeymoon in Daman & Diu:
- Relaxing: Enjoy the comforts of your hotel, walk on the sandy shores, play in the water, shikara boat rides in the lakes
- Sightseeing: Ancient churches of the Portuguese era, forts, waterfalls, attend dolk dance performances, etc.
Best time to plan a honeymoon trip: Throughout the year with exception of the monsoon season.
Since, now you’ve made your mind to enjoy your honeymoon in India, these top honeymoon destinations are sure to take you on a dreamy and romantic sojourn.