Send us a email
Maharajas Express Heritage of India( 8 Days / 7 Nights )
Mumbai - Ajanta - Udaipur - Jodhpur - Bikaner - Jaipur - Ranthambore - Agra - Delhi
( Per Person )
Day 1: Mumbai-Ajanta
Assemble at the Hotel Taj Mahal Palace & Towers at 1430 hours to enjoy a peerless holiday amid sheer luxury. The exclusive Heritage of India tour begins from the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus Mumbai with a traditional welcome ceremony. After the check in formalities, board the train for an onward journey to Ajanta. Enjoy a sumptuous dinner and a comfy night sleep on board Maharajas’ Express.
Day 2: Ajanta
After a refreshing breakfast aboard Maharajas’ Express, set out for a tour to the ancient caves of Ajanta. These caves are rich with rock cut paintings and sculptures of Hindu, Buddhist and Jain deities. A fine example of Buddhist art and architecture, most of the rock cuttings depict the life of Gautama Buddha and of his previous incarnations.
Completing a day long excursion tour, come back to the train for dinner and an overnight stay.
Day 3: Udaipur
Set forth for a sightseeing tour to Udaipur covering City Palace complex and Crystal Gallery after a refreshing morning breakfast onboard Maharajas’ Express. Roam through the City Palace complex to get an insight of the royal days of yore and then enjoy an imperial lunch in the gallery restaurant in the Fateh Prakash Palace.
Post lunch, you have a host of options to choose from- you can get a walking tour to the local markets of the city, see the vintage car collection of the royal family, take delight in Son-et-Lumiere program at City Palace, or indulge in a pampering spa session in a luxury hotel in Udaipur.
Later, return to the train for onboard dinner and overnight stay.
Day 4: Jodhpur
Crisscrossing the different terrains of India, the Maharajas’ Express reaches the Sun City Jodhpur on the 4th day of Heritage of India tour.
After reaching Jodhpur, savor a delicious breakfast and then you can either relax in the royal carriages of Maharajas’ Express or can also participate in an optional village safari.
The lunch will be served on-board.
Post lunch, set out for an expedition tour of the Old Clock Tower Market, and a trip to the Mehrangarh Fort that visualizes the history and lifestyle of the city.
Return to the train after the expedition, to continue the journey to Bikaner. Dinner will be served onboard. Relax in your royal carriage in Maharajas’ Express while the train will continue to move towards its next destination Bikaner.
Day 5: Bikaner
The city of Bikaner is one of the most important cities in Rajasthan, as far as the art and culture of the state is concerned. On reaching Bikaner, you can get an optional tour to either Karni Mata Temple in Deshnok or Lalgarh Palace Museum. You can also choose to go to the camel breeding firm or to the local jewelry market for bag packing some exclusive Kundan jewelries along with you.
The guests will spend the afternoon in the Junagarh Fort. Post lunch, a camel ride in the sand dunes is arranged for elevating the excitement of this tour.
The evening in Bikaner will become more charming with the cultural performances by the Kalbeliya and Langa Artists, over a glass of fine cocktail and a barbecue dinner.
At night, return back to the train for an overnight stay.
Day 6: Jaipur
On the 6th day of the journey, Maharajas’ Express reaches Jaipur, the ‘pink city’ of Rajasthan. Dotted with palaces, forts and colorful local markets, this city holds a preface to the culture of the state.
A refreshing breakfast and a sightseeing tour to Jaipur mark the beginning of the 6th day of the royal Indian tour. In the afternoon, the Exhibition Elephant Polo Match and a lavish lunch are organized for the guests in the city of Jaipur.
Post lunch, explore the grandeur of Rajputana architecture in the Amber Fort and also enjoy a ride on the colorful elephant back. Later in the evening, you can roam about the city markets or can experience an indulging spa session or also can visit the City Palace.
Return back to the train at night for a tantalizing dinner and an overnight stay.
Day 7: Sawai Madhopur- Fatehpur Sikri
To add the pinch of thrill to your Heritage of India tour, Maharajas’ Express reaches Sawai Madhopur on the 7th day of the journey. Ranthambore National Park, one of the best tiger reserves in India, is situated in Sawai Madhopur.
Enjoy an early morning safari to the thrilling terrain of Ranthambore. After the safari, savor a tempting breakfast at Vivanta by Taj Sawai Madhopur.
Later, return to the train to relax and to continue the journey to the next destination, Fatehpur Sikri which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. On reaching Fatehpur Sikri, explore its various attractions and get an insight of the medieval Indian history and especially of Mughal Empire in India.
Later in the evening, return back to the train for dinner and an overnight stay.
Day 8: Agra-Delhi
With the early morning sun rays touching the ground, we will reach Taj Mahal to witness its peerless beauty and grandeur. A bystander of immortal Love, Taj Mahal is best viewed under the morning rays of the sun.
Later, enjoy a royal style breakfast accompanied by a glass of champagne at the Taj Khema, Agra.
Board the train again for a journey back Delhi. A sumptuous lunch will be served on-board. Reaching Delhi signals the end of the luxury train journey of Heritage of India by Maharajas’ Express.
- Ajanta Caves, Nasik
- Imperial lunch at Fateh Prakash Palace, Udaipur
- A safari to Bishnoi Village, Jodhpur (Optional)
- Camel ride on the sand dunes, Bikaner
- Exhibition Elephant Polo Match, Jaipur
- Jungle safari in Ranthambore National Park, Sawai Madhopur
- Taj Mahal, Agra
Prices for October 2014 to April 2015:
|8 Days 7 Nigts||Deluxe Cabins||Junior Suite||Suite||Presidential Suite|
|Adult(Twin Sharing)||USD 6840||USD 9890||USD 13800||USD 23700|
|Single Supplement||USD 5160||USD 8910||USD 13800||USD 23700|
|First Child ( 05-12 years)||USD 3420||USD 4950||USD 6900||USD 11900|
*The above cost is exclusive of 3.09% service tax that will be charged extra.
*All the above prices are on per person per journey on twin sharing basis.
*Please note all bookings confirmed are non-transferable and will invite a cancellation charge as applicable.
*Prices are subject to change in case of any amendment in the routing or any other hikes such as fuel, taxes etc.
- Accommodation in double / twin bedded cabins with attached bathrooms
- All meals, soft beverages, house brands of Indian wines, beer and spirits
- Butler service, complimentary tea, coffee and mineral water on board
- Guided off train tours as included in the journeys inclusive of entrance fees, still camera fee, transport and services of a guide
- Porter charges at stations
- Any optional tours as mentioned in the itinerary
- Taxes, insurance, gratuities, telephone calls, laundry
- Alcoholic beverages (apart from the house brands)
- Video, film and professional still camera fees and arrival and departure transfers
- International and domestic air tickets
- Pre and post tour accommodation
- Any tour extensions unless specifically mentioned as part of the journeys
- If booking is done bofore 90 days of departure or more, then 25% of the total tariff is to be paid at the time of booking
- If booking is done less than 59 days of departure or less, then full 100% of the total tariff is to be paid at the time of booking
- If cancelled 90 days or more prior to departure date, then 25% of the published tour cost is deducted
- If cancelled 89-60 days prior to departure date, then 50% of the published tour cost is deducted
- If cancelled 59-0 days prior to departure date, then 100% of the published tour cost is deducted
- If you fail to show up on the departure date, then 100% of the published tour cost is deducted
The Heritage of India - Schedule
Departure Dates for Season 2014-15 and 16